eGreece | eRepublik community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congress Elections in Central Greece

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Congress Elections in Central Greece Empty Congress Elections in Central Greece

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 2:33

I am writing this to officially put my name in the running for congressman in Central Greece. I have three goals for this post 1) Reveal as much as I can about who I am and what I stand for 2) Reveal my short term goals that I hope to achieve should I be elected 3) Reveal my long term goals that I hope to achieve should I be elected. And I am going to apologize prior...this is going to be a long one.

1) I would like to start off by telling a little about myself and my history in eGreece. I was born in Central Greece. I worked as a gatherer of raw materials and such for a while until I could no longer take being out of the major picture in the many conflicts Greece was a part of. And due to the sad fact that Central Greece is sorely lacking a hospital I was forced to move to Thrace when I was a level 5. There I began to fight daily and progress in levels. I have NEVER lived anywhere but eGreece and do not plan on it for a long time, if ever. I quickly realized that although the battlefield is great for leveling and a necessity in the liberation of our nation, it simply was not what I where I felt my calling. I still fought (and fight) daily, but I spent most of my time perusing through wiki and learning more about this countries past struggles and other happenings in the eWorld. This in turn took me to diligently reading newspapers (both locally and internationally). I began to develop my views and get involved in different discussions via comments. I realized through experience eGreece has three major enemies in the world: Peace GC is the largest, the nation of Turkey is the closest, but the most oppressing and underestimated is ourselves. This nation has such amazing potential but our single minded/single partied government simply has too much power. It has never been a good thing for any government to have a one sided democracy. It simply turns into oligarchy and a plutocracy like eGreece is beginning to. Its sad to see the common eGreek segregated and pushed down and I can't justify sitting idly by while nothing gets done to fix this problem. Greece has made amazing strides and has a large amount of momentum (our numbers have nearly doubled here recently) but if we get complacent then I fear we will just fall back into mediocrity. Greece deserves more and so do its people.

2) Secondly, as stated earlier, I would like to cover my short term goals for Central Greece and the rest of the Greek nation.
- As stated by many people, I want to see Central Greece begin being built up in the same manner as Thrace (q5 hospital, and a defense system) I was born in Central Greece...how many of my opposition were? I know what it is like trying to grow in Central Greece and how frustrating it is not having a hospital. I left. But you know what? I came back. Now that I am an experienced player I am bringing much more resources and abilities to help the region. Within a day I am starting an iron mining business here and plan on continuing to help tap into the natural resources to allow the countries economy to flourish. Thrace has become quite a reputable region, now it needs a brother and I want that brother to be Central Greece.
- I would like to allow the country to become more self reliant. We have good resources in this country and although I do not expect us to become completely solo, I would like to see us bring more to the table economically. This obviously means raising a couple import taxes and encouraging local entrepreneurs to start companies.
- Encourage companies to have more interaction with their employees. Why? I think this would be a great way for 1) the companies to get what they want by expressing their desires to their people and 2) because it will give newer players something of a mentor and I guarantee they will stick around longer if they feel more comradeship.

3) Lastly, I would like to cover my long term goals for the region and the country
- Obviously the liberation of Greece from Turkey is high on my list. Possibly number one, regaining those regions would give all of us a much needed burst of motivation and reunite this country. I have faith in you that we can do it. And we will do it.
- Negate EEKs control over Greek government. As stated earlier this country is turning into an oligarchy and a plutocracy (look them up if you need to, its that important). Not that I am completely against EEK, but just like in the economy... a monopoly is bad, so is a one party government. In good honest competition one side always wins, and that is the people. Also, while maybe not supported by all of the EEK party I have noticed that some of them are extremely elitist and borderline segregationist towards non 'true' Greeks in eGreece. I love eGreece, I have worked just as hard as any one else, of my level, for this country and I expect to be treated that way. HPC is simply trying to continue to evolve eGreece in the amazing direction that our potential allows us to. The 'radical' EEK wants to do away with all English speaking citizens in eGreece. I said radical because they do not all feel like this. But I say to you that some do. But an HPC member, such as myself simply wants us to embrace both languages. Language should be the least of our worries right now. We have much more pressing issues than worrying about whether someone is a 'true' Greek. I did not tell my mother and father where in the world to give birth to me, I had no say...I assure you. But I did get to pick where I was born in eRepublik and I CHOSE GREECE! I want eGreece to be successful as much as anyone in our country. I promise you that. But to clear things up, earlier when I spoke of the enemy, I was not speaking of EEK as I see someone reading this fast could construe. EEK is not the enemy, if HPC had to much power I would be encouraging people to vote for another party. The fact is competition is good and right now, in Greece, it is sorely lacking.
- That is why I strongly recommend more bi-lingual publishing in both government and citizen based newspapers. This will encourage people to read all the news, not just the news in their language. It will eliminate a huge barrier that I see developing in eGreece. Like I said before, language is such a meaningless argument. Use a translator and give some one a hug. We are one, eGreece! And we are mighty. Stop trying to create invisible and unnecessary barriers.

Lastly, I would like to make one quick statement. I have been in the game long enough to see people jump in and out of countries running for different office positions. How many of these people will stay around if they loose or attempt to follow through on their words with hard work and effort? I was born in Central Greece, I have never left Greece and win or loose I will stay in Greece. I am home grown through and through and I will do everything in my power to see this country succeed. And in order for this country to succeed this region must succeed. I also will be the first person to tell you I am not the most experienced citizen running for congress, but you will be hard pressed to find one more dedicated. And we all have to start some where, do we not? Herculez for Congressman in Central Greece.

Thank you for taking the time. Any questions feel free to PM me or comment

Back to top Go down

Congress Elections in Central Greece Empty Re: Congress Elections in Central Greece

Post by Sophotatos Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 2:50

A lengthy article. Welcome to Greece and good luck in the elections. Very Happy
Sophotatos
Sophotatos
Στρατηγός
Στρατηγός

Back to top Go down

Congress Elections in Central Greece Empty Re: Congress Elections in Central Greece

Post by Anthonios Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 2:52

+1
Anthonios
Anthonios
Στρατάρχης
Στρατάρχης

Back to top Go down

Post by Thanos B Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 11:10

+1
Thanos B
Thanos B
Συνταγματάρχης
Συνταγματάρχης

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthonios Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 11:38

+2 Smile
Anthonios
Anthonios
Στρατάρχης
Στρατάρχης

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 15:30

by Herculez on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm

1) I would like to start off by telling a little about myself and my history in eGreece.

I was born in Central Greece.

I realized through experience eGreece has three major enemies in the world: Peace GC is the largest, the nation of Turkey is the closest, but the most oppressing and underestimated is ourselves.

This nation has such amazing potential but our single minded/single partied government simply has too much power. It has never been a good thing for any government to have a one sided democracy.

It simply turns into oligarchy and a plutocracy like eGreece is beginning to.

Its sad to see the common eGreek segregated and pushed down and I can't justify sitting idly by while nothing gets done to fix this problem.

Greece has made amazing strides and has a large amount of momentum (our numbers have nearly doubled here recently) but if we get complacent then I fear we will just fall back into mediocrity.

Greece deserves more and so do its people.

Welcome Herculez to the Greek community forum

I will be straight and honest with you.

You among others appeared in eGreece (I don't know if you have a second account elsewhere)

the 08.07.2009 - Day 596 of the New World,

which makes you a 2 weeks old player.

For a 2 weeks player you know too much and it is clear for me that you came here with an agenda, its not common for any new player to make comments like you did.

Do you know what?

I remember another, "user" of this forum that did the exactly same thing like you did... by making his first post as his opening statment regarding his intention to save eGreece (and becoming the next eGreek president).

Sadly things didn't work as he expected.. so I advise you to first become familiar with the eGreek and Greek community of this forum and then make criticism towards players that have already contributed a full time daily job towards the benefit of this community.

The above was a friendly advise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthonios Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 18:05

What I heard from what Pyros just said:

He's a witch, burn the heretic, BURN HIM!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Anthonios
Anthonios
Στρατάρχης
Στρατάρχης

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfkok93 Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 18:09

Anthonios wrote:What I heard from what Pyros just said:

Hahahahahahaha!Good one!!!Good luck in the elections!
Elfkok93
Elfkok93
Συνταγματάρχης
Συνταγματάρχης

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophotatos Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 20:58

I honestly hadn't read the post so I'm glad Pyros arrived with the summary. Cool
Sophotatos
Sophotatos
Στρατηγός
Στρατηγός

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 21:52

Anthonios wrote:What I heard from what Pyros just said:

Anthonios,

After several months playing this game, I think that I may say that eGreece stands as it is now because a bunch of people, are acting as PUBLIC SERVANTS, putting in this game an extremely big part of their FREE time, neglecting their personal time, neglecting even their family and having spent a small fortune to keep fighting battles.

I am not considering myself as one of them and I am not part of the political life of eGreece (not even part of a political party), therefor I can only judge things from the view of the casual Greek player who really enjoys playing this game because of these capable leaders.

And I am entitled of my opinion because I follow what is happening in Greece for the last several months.

In the other hand, any "wanna" be politician who appears to the game for the last couple of weeks and miraculously is in position to judge and make criticism concerning what eGreece, is today, will receive my comments.

That's all my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 22:30

Pyros,

I honestly do see where you are coming from on certain points. I am not extremely experienced and I have only been playing this game for two weeks... I understand both of those points and I do not argue them in the least bit.

But allow me a rebuttal... If by saying
For a 2 weeks player you know too much and it is clear for me that you came here with an agenda
you mean that I am not truly a two week player I would like to challenge that, obviously. I know what you are insinuating and I assure you it is not true, I am honestly a little offended that you are questioning my integrity. Everything you pointed out as evidence to me knowing too much can be read on wiki. I would even like to point out that while running for congress I had to approach a more experienced player to find out how exactly the elections are done, he can vouch for me if he wishes... that is his business. But here is my point... yes, I am a relatively inexperienced player but I am knowledgeable beyond 'my years' if you will because I have spent a lot of time reading newspapers and searching wiki. Definitely more than the average player of my level. I have nothing to hide.

Why do I think this can benefit eGreece? First of all I am definitely NOT saying that we should stop electing these vastly experienced players who have done a lot for eGreece. But congress should have a good mix of experience and youth as to not loose touch with the 'common man'. And a lot of my quotes you pointed out were simply me explaining how government works. If you follow history of the world, you can see this.

Lastly, please do not even begin to compare with that other 'user' you addressed. Who had an agenda and ran for president. First of all, this was not my first post. Second of all... there is a VAST VAST difference between congress and the president of eGreece. I am not saying I never plan on running for president, some day that may become something that I can fathom. But as for now, no I am not ready to be president and I do not want to be because I think since the re-establishment of eGreece, by and large, our presidents have done quite a good job. I am not stupid. I see how far eGreece has come. I do however appreciate your opinion and as an experienced player I respect it even more. However, please do not question my integrity when you have no reason and please do not compare apples to oranges attempting to use it as evidence in your favor.

Thanks again all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 22:53

Debate is our most powerful tool, however the elections are growing nearer and we need to focus on relevant issues. Personally I'm more concerned with debating their proposals, rather than their age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 22:59

thanks for what I will take as your support Ambroga. However, Pyros did have some valid points. That needed to be addressed and I believe I have done that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 23:14

I will not support any candidate at the moment until I have read their proposals and hopefully had an opportunity to witness debate. We will never get to the debate if we keep wasting our time with these speculations and accusations. I'm ready to hear politics. Your voice is carrying though, so keep on debating. You possess a very sound intellect so I look forward to seeing what happens. Good luck to you Herculez.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthonios Thu 23 Jul 2009 - 1:10

Sorry guys, I dont have the time this election to write up my congressional bid. Party stuff, you know. I think everyone got a clear idea of what I thought from the interview though...
Anthonios
Anthonios
Στρατάρχης
Στρατάρχης

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next